Being away from home as a student in a foreign country can be a daunting experience. The following information may help make your stay in Malaysia a comfortable one.
Types of accommodation and rental rates (all rates are monthly rates unless specified).
The rates for residential accommodations offered to you by your HEI will vary. All HEIs usually offer very affordable residential accommodations at rates ranging between RM2400 and RM4600 (about USD600 – USD1100) per semester.
The residential accommodation usually includes:
• Shared or Single Bedroom furnished with bed, cupboard, desk and chair.
• Shared bathroom.
Bedroom in an apartment
Bedroom in an apartment or house in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor:
• From RM490 (about USD130) per month.
• Partially/ fully furnished – bed, cupboard, desk and chair.
• Often with shared bathroom.
• More expensive if with own bathroom.
• Inquire if use of kitchen is allowed.
Studio apartment/ condo-minium in Kuala Lumpur:
• From RM1,500 (about USD 470) per month .
• Partially/ fully furnished.
• Usually with facilities such as swimming pool, tennis courts and gym.
For More information about the study in Malaysia you can also read